Webinar 23: RETHINKING TOURISM
Date & Time: July 31, 2020 (Friday), 11 am to 01 pm (IST)
जूम मीटिंग आईडी / Zoom Meeting ID: 944 5141 9128 पासवर्ड / Password: 554167
ज़ूम एप्प पर इस चर्चा का हिन्दी में अनुवाद उपलब्ध रहेगा।
फेसबुक लाइव / Facebook Live at https://www.facebook.com/centerforfinancialaccountability/
Malika Virdi, Sarpanch, Sarmoli-Jainti Van Panchayat, Munsiyari, Uttarakhand
V. Ushakumari, President, Vythiri Grama Panchayat, Kerala
Joyatri Ray, EQUATIONS
Nayana Udayashankar, EQUATIONS
For registration (if you haven't done already for the current webinar series) and more details, please visit https://www.cenfa.org/RTF
Links of the recordings of previous webinars:
1. Inaugural session: TM Thomas Isaac (Minister of Finance, Kerala); Aruna Roy (Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan); Prabhat Patnaik (Professor Emeritus, JNU) & Vandana Shiva (Navdanya), moderated by Leo Saldanha (Environment Support Group).
2. Towards A Transformative Political Economy: Medha Patkar (Narmada Bachao Andolan / NAPM); M.G. Devasahayam (Former Civil Servant / People First); Aseem Shrivastava (Economist) and Ashish Kothari (Vikalp Sangam / Kalpavriksh), moderated by Shalmali Guttal (Focus on the Global South).
3. Asserting Livelihood with Dignity-1: Jal, Jangal, Jameen: Jesuretinam (National Fishworkers Forum), Dr Sagari Ramdas (Food Sovereignty Alliance), Roma (All India Union of Forest Working People) and Elango Rangasamy (Kuthambakkam), moderated by Vijayan MJ (PIPFPD).
4. Re-Visioning Traditional Knowledge, Artisanal Livelihood and Practices: Ambika Das, Omon Mahila Sangathan; Kamesh Salam, South Asia Bamboo Foundation; Mohan Rao, National Federation of Handlooms & Handicrafts, moderated by Aashima Subberwal, Programme for Social Action.
5. Labour Rights and Future of Collective Bargaining: Amarjeet Kaur, All India Trade Union Congress; D Thankappan, New Trade Union Initiative; Vinay K. Sreenivasa, Alternative Law Forum, moderated by Lokesh, Centre for Education & Communication.
6. Re-visioning India's Unorganised Sector: Sujata Mody, New Trade Union Initiative; Tanveer Pasha, Ola Uber Drivers and Owners Association; Geeta Menon, Stree Jagruti Samiti; moderated by Prof Archana Prasad, Centre for Informal Sector and Labour Studies, JNU.
7. Frontline Workers: Claims, Reality and Future: Bezwada Wilson, Safai Karamchari Andolan; Lakshmi Narayanan, Kagad Kach Patra Kashtakari Panchayat; Rince Joseph, United Nurses Association; Veena Gupta, ASHA Karamchari Union, CITU; moderated by Bhargavi S. Rao, Environment Support Group / Centre for Financial Accountability
8. Asserting Livelihood with Dignity-3: Urban Livelihoods: Ritu Dewan, retd Director, Dept of Economics, Mumbai University; Anita Das, National Women Hawkers Federation; S.M. Vijayanand, former Chief Secretary, Govt of Kerala; moderated by K.T. Suresh, Action Aid India
9. Employment Guarantee and the Role of State: Annie Raja, People's Action for Employment Guarantee / NFIW; Nikhil Dey, Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan; Kamlesh Uraon, MNREGA Workers / NREGA Watch, Jharkhand; Radha Devi, MNREGA Worker / Jan Jagaran Shakti Sangathan; Amit Basole, Centre for Sustainable Employment; moderated by Rajendran Narayanan, Azim Premji University
10. The Future of Banking and Finance in India: Prof. K N Harilal, Member, Kerala State Planning Board; Prof. Jayati Ghosh, Jawaharlal Nehru University; J Johnsily Bai, Mahalir Association for Literacy Awareness & Rights; Priya Dharshini, Centre for Financial Accountability; moderated by D. Thomas Franco, former General Secretary, All India Bank Officers' Confederation
11. Digital Economy: Outliers of the Future?: Usha Ramanathan, Legal Expert; Benston John, St Stephen's College; Parminder Jeet Singh, IT for Change; Chatar Singh & Vineet Bhambhu, Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan; moderated by Anivar Aravind, Indic Project.
12. Envisioning an Accountable & Transparent Public Banking System: Devidas Tujlapurkar, All India Bank Employees Association; Anjali Bhardwaj, National Campaign for People's Right to Information; Yogesh Sapkale, MoneyLife Foundation; Joe Athialy, Centre for Financial Accountability; moderated by Priya Dharshini, Centre for Financial Accountability
13. COVID as a Cover for Enhanced International Finance?: Sreedhar Ramamurti, Environics Trust / NGO Forum on ADB; Maju Varghese, Centre for Financial Accountability; Anuradha Munshi, Centre for Financial Accountability; moderated by Sanjay M.G., National Alliance of Peoples' Movements
14. Urban Sustainability: Practice, Challenges and Way Forward: Prof Geetam Tiwari, IIT Delhi; Nishant, People's Resource Centre; Raju Bhise, YUVA / Right to Cities Campaign; moderated by Madhuresh Kumar, NAPM / Resistance Studies Initiative, UMASS.
15. Unfiltered Narratives: Struggle to Reclaim Indigenous Communities Rights over Resources: Agnes Kharshiig, Civil Society Women's Organisation; Niranta Gohain, Environmentalist / Eco-tourism entrepreneur; Deme Oram, mines, mineral & People; Indu Netam, Adivasi Jan Adhikar Manch; Pranab Doley, Jeepal Krishak Shramik Sangha; moderated by Saswati Swetlana, Environics Trust / Mineral Inheritors Rights Association.
16. Re-Imagining Education for Equitable Democratic and Inclusive Society: Prof R Govinda, former Vice-Chancellor, National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration; Aishe Ghosh, President, Jawaharlal Nehru University Student Union; Ambarish Rai, National Convenor, All India Right to Education Forum; moderated by Annie Namala, Centre for Social Equity and Inclusion / Wada Na Todo Abhiyan
All India Union of Forest Working People | BIRSA | Centre for Financial Accountability | DASAM | Delhi Forum | Environics Trust | Environment Support Group | Financial Accountability Network India | Focus on the Global South | Indian Social Action Forum | Institute for Democracy and Sustainability | Jan Swasthya Abhiyan | Kalpavriksh | Let India Breathe | Mahalir Association for Literacy Awareness and Rights | MAUSAM | mines, minerals & People | Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan | National Alliance of Peoples Movements | National Confederation of Officers Associations | New Trade Union Initiative | People’s First | People’s Resource Centre | Pakistan-India Peoples Forum for Peace and Democracy | The Research Collective |Vikalp Sangam | YUVA